Project Improvement in teacher competences is from 1.6.2015 to1.6.2016. Focus of the project is on improving English at the Primary school from and early age, improving the conditions for students with special needs and improving teachers' qualities and skills in different areas of teaching. Two teachers were selected for the project. The Methodology and Language for Primary teachers, Special Needs and Inclusive learning are chosen courses.
Personal improvement will be in the following areas:
Methodology and language for primary teachers:
- teaching the four language skills: listening, reading, writing, speaking
- creative activities for young learners
- classroom managemant skills
- storytelling, drama, using communicative learning activities in primary teaching context
- pronunction work (through children's songs and rhymes)
- building confidence in teaching in and through English
Special Needs and Inclusive Learning
- explains the Specific Learning difficulties
- shows leadership styles, group dynamics and team building and their relevance for teachers
- helps in understanding ADD and ADHD,students with Asperger syndrome, with Dyscalculia, gifted children andoffer useful strategies for working with these students
- recognizes the work with different learning styles and presents classroom activities that promote inclusive learning
At the end of the project teachers will be more confident to cooperate with other school, share the knowledge in the local area. The new methods in the classroom will influence the motivation of the learners and level of English at our school.
Základná škola, Okoličianska 404, Liptovský Mikuláš